Sunday, March 21, 2010

First Day of Spring

_MG_5498.JPG

We celebrated the first day of Spring with a little gardening. Addie and I planted several packets of wildflower seeds that my sister gave to Addie from a trip to Butchart Gardens, British Columbia as a Big Sister present when Eliza was born. We may have waited too long to plant them unfortunately as the warning label read. The fun is in the planting though and I'll be pleasantly surprised if one seedling sprouts. Then we planted strawberries, herbs and a variety of tomato plants in our container garden.

Hello Spring!

_MG_5502.JPG
Eliza, not feeling it

_MG_5506.JPG

3 comments:

Gran said...

What fun in the garden! Eliza will catch on next year.

When I go home for a visit next week, I am filling in the front beds with vinca; planting hosta in the back and perhaps some as-yet unidentified perennials plus heritage tomatoes down the side. I won't be there to harvest them, but the thought of their growing makes me happy.

Gran said...

Jumped the gun! Home visit is next month. Wishful thinking on my part!

auntie snorg said...

Well, lord knows i don't have a green thumb, so i'll be impressed if they grow too! :)

But they were claimed crossing the boarder, so they are legal seeds!!!

Good first day of spring!