Sunday, October 24, 2010

The Hunt for Orange October*

_MG_8112.JPG

_MG_8281.JPG

This is our third year to Underwood Family Farms. We went first when Addie was a little bit older than Eliza is now. We didn't go last year. I can't remember why. It's always hot and crowded and sometimes I get more overwhelmed than the kids, but goats on elevated boardwalks, tractor rides and lots and lots of pumpkins always get me into the fall spirit.

IMG_8167.JPG
Content on the tractor ride.

_MG_8136.JPG
Addie loving the pony ride. All smiles.

_MG_8154.JPG
Eliza brushing a sheep. I have never seen Eliza so happy. She absolutely loved the animals and took her job as groomer very seriously. I think she was like, you mean those photos in books you keep showing me are REAL??!!

_MG_8123.JPG
Seeing a horse for the first time.


_MG_8197.JPG
Riding in the cow named Sarah. She thought that was pretty funny.

_MG_8240.JPG
Facepainting. Seriously i could have done this myself and we waited in line for what felt like an eternity. But Addie was patient and pleased with the outcome.

_MG_8183.JPG
The corn maze. I was totally lost.

_MG_8259.JPG
Eliza lost a shoe during lunch and spent the rest of the afternoon roaming the pumpkin patch in her socks.


_MG_8312.JPG
I had to bribe Addie with the promise of a treat in order for her to stop and let me take her picture. She ended up picking gummy worms and I ate most of them.

IMG_8337.JPG
This slide was so fast that when I hit the sand I flipped forward. Awesome.

*Blog title by Cap

1 comment:

Gran said...

Great blog title, and obviously a wonderful day. I love that Eliza loves animals. I also love that Mom had a great time too!