Saturday, March 31, 2012

Little People

Leprechaun-3-2012.jpg

The Borrowers Mar 2012.jpg
Even though St. Patrick's Day was weeks ago, Addie is still certain that there is at least one leprechaun left in her classroom at school. She confirmed that her classmate had a leprechaun in his house because he got to eat green popcorn that tasted like mint. Sounds horrible, but then again leprechauns are pretty tricky!

Addie also saw the new Miyazaki movie, The Secret World of Arrietty, when it came out which she loved. Afterwards, she and I started to read The Borrowers on the Kindle, which had her convinced that there were little people living in our house. She drew them the above heart decoration, as she called it, and a wrote a small card to them leaving both in the heater grate for them to collect. Her interest in the long chapter book has waned but her love of magical creatures still is resolute. I hope she'll always believe in magic just a little bit.

3 comments:

GranJanne said...

Addie is magic!

mit said...

As one of the little people, I can say Addie's a blessing to us.

Gran said...

I love it that Addie loves "The Borrowers." I saw "Arriety" in Fairbanks and was enchanged as always by Studio Ghibli's interpretation and work. Like Addie, I knew there were Borrowers in my house. I never saw them, but that didn't matter a bit.