Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Rocks are Gneiss

Wow, a geology pun. Schist! Oooh a second geology pun. Stop me!



So, geologist or archaeologist?

I’m not sure if playing in the dirt and eating rocks is necessarily a sign that Addie is on her way to being an archaeologist or a geologist. Or that her perfect point will make her a ballerina or her running commentary will make her a news anchor. But haven’t you heard the stories? Larry, the orthopedic surgeon, who loved his plastic stethoscope as child or Carl, the architect, who was never separated from his Lincoln Log set. Can favorite toys as a child indicate a career or is hindsight just 20/20? Mom and Dad – did I have a favorite toy because I’m still wondering what I should be doing with my life. Do tell.


But back to the rocks. The best part of being a rock lover? Sharing it with a friend.

4 comments:

Reid said...

what amazes me is that she didn't put a fistfull of sand and rock in her mouth.

Now a word from Sawyer:

l; i.,i.ddd6 k../d

jamie said...

my fave part of the video is how she uses her feet as deftly as her hands. talented gal! (and if you're looking for more geology puns, i'm sure chria can help you out. his new gig must be full of nerds like that!)

Anonymous said...

maybe she will switch off on those two careers!

Anonymous said...

Sarah, I shall have to think about specific toys, but for your time in Tokyo, you were inseparable from Yellow Baby's Hair,your doll. And now you have one of your own!