Monday, November 02, 2009

The Princess and the Hot Dog

Our Jack-o-Lanterns

I'm feeling guilty. I didn't take a single photo of the girls on Halloween. Even the picture of the pumpkins above was taken last night right before we had to trash them. Bad mom!

A week ago we went to the block party by Addie's old daycare which we go to every year. Addie was Cinderella (of course) with eye shadow that is just reminiscent enough of the late JonBenet that it sort of freaked me out. We kept to just pink sparkly lip gloss for the subsequent two times she was in costume thankfully. Eliza that night was a hot dog and Cap was a Sith Lord (the below is the only photo of either in costume!). I was just the lady pushing the stroller who was not doing a good job taking photos and was paranoid about losing Addie in the crowd.

Then on Friday, Addie got dressed up again for her school Halloween Parade. They did a few laps around the yard, pet some fuzzy critters and rode a pony. There were plenty of other princesses in attendance, a gaggle of firemen and a couple of spidermans. Later that afternoon, I ditched the hot dog costume and took Eliza as Harriet Potter to my office party and Cap took Addie to his.

On Halloween night, we went to a halloween party with daycare friends again and went trick or treating with 11 other kids Addie's age partying until 10 pm. Addie has been asking for a month if it was time to trick-or-treat and boy was she excited when the answer finally was "today!" She was very good about only taking one piece of candy and saying thank you. After the second house and the second time I reminded her, she turned and said, "I DID only take one piece of candy!" Gee mom, like, get off my back, okay?!!! Cap and I went with a last minute 80s-themed costumes, Addie was Cinderella again and we only managed to get Eliza into a seasonal ghost t-shirt and orange stripped pants. I was amazed what Cap could do with only a single neon t-shirt to work with.

_MG_3350.JPG
Cinderella (from Addie's school parade)

_MG_3233.JPG
At the ball in our backyard.
_MG_3408.JPG
Eliza as Harriet Potter at my office party

_MG_3248.JPG
Cap as a Sith Lord and Eliza as a hot dog

_MG_3428.JPG
Cap and I in our tribute to the 80s or as someone else suggested - Jersey Mall Rats

_MG_3493.JPG
I felt so guilt that I didn't have a better photo of Eliza that I took this yesterday (3 days AFTER halloween). As you can see, Eliza didn't think this was such a great idea. Poor, sad, little dog.

Check out a few more photos here.

2 comments:

Genevieve said...

sad but adorable little hot dog.

great costumes!

Pop-Pop said...

You guys shure know how to carve pumpkins! As for princvss Addie, yikes watch out he is one pretty one. I liked Harriet Potter. Much more serene than Hot Dog girl, oh well!