Tuesday, February 02, 2010

Breakthrough



I was unprepared at Addie's swim lesson on Saturday when I looked up and there she was swimming across the pool. Not only I was not equipped with my video camera (thank goodness my phone takes video!), but I wasn't prepared for the wave of emotion that washed over me. I was so proud! And so glad I was wearing sunglasses so the other people wouldn't see me cry.

It's my goal to get her swimming by summer and I think we're gonna make it! In the video she's the little red hat doggy paddling in the middle. Once she gets comfortable with this, then her teacher James will work on getting her face in the water. For someone who has been, I won't say afraid, but very, very, very cautious in the water, this is a giant step for her. When the weather warms up, we'll all go swimming together which should continue to help build her confidence as well. This reminds me I need to get a cute, one-piece suit for myself. Maybe something with stripes and ruffles.

My little swimmer! I'm so proud!

2 comments:

Gran said...

What a clever Addie! It is indeed a long way from ocean baths with Dada. You will all enjoy swimming time together. I remember treading water in the deep end of the pool in Kingwood while you all took turns jumping off the diving board.

jamie said...

Go go Addie! And can I please request a close-up portrait of Addie in her little red swim cap?