Monday, September 27, 2010

I Made It!

_MG_7806.JPG
_MG_7801.JPG

I made both this adorable (if I do say so myself) wool felted toadstool as well as successfully navigating a weekend as a solo parent with both girls while Cap was in NYC for work. I rewarded the Girl Gang with a trip to the ice cream store at the end of the weekend.

Jeannine and Jamie came over to entertain me on Saturday afternoon while Clara and Addie ransacked the house. Jeannine taught the grown-up girls how to felt wool critters. Jamie made a luscious red-lipped fish, Jeannine adorned a sweater for Chloe and presented Eliza with a cute little purple felted bird which is already covered in slobber. It's so easy and oh so fun. Be prepared if a little elf sends you something woolly for the holidays!

On the temporary single mom home front, I actually got Addie to her swim lesson, fed both girls more than cereal, went grocery shopping for such necessities as bananas and white wine(got carded, woohoo!), learned a new craft and even, yes, even took both girls to Mother's Beach all by my self. I went to bed last night at 8:30 to recover.

So glad Cap is home now, reading books to Addie while I sip white wine and tippity tap away at the computer. Next weekend I'm thinking I should slip off to a spa. Aren't I spoiled?

2 comments:

Gran said...

You did brilliantly and had fun into the bargain. And of course you deserve a spa weekend!

Pop-Pop said...

Good girl your mother had to do this jugglling act when i went to Asia for ten days! You get your stamina honestly and yes go for the spa!!!!! How about in Tucson?