Friday, April 27, 2012

9 Months

_MG_2788.JPG

This has been a month of milestones. Xavier sat up on his own and then shortly after started crawling. He's chowing down on solid, although still pureed, foods and got his fifth tooth. He squirms and wriggles away when you try to change his clothes or hold him on your hip. He had his 9 month check up today and is taller than he is chubby and above average in both - a healthy boy. His eczema has improved greatly but he still scratches himself and sleeps with his hands in mittens. I took out his 12 month clothes from the bin in the closet and he has enough hand-me-downs to one his own thrift store.

The girls continue to adore him and Eliza loves making him laugh. He is full of smiles for everyone and rarely is upset. The only thing he seems to loathe is the bath. Getting a TB shot barely rises an eyebrow but a toe in the water sends him in hysterics.

When I think about all of the complications I had in the hospital, I can only be thankful to have such a sweet, amazing little boy in my life that I can smother in kisses.

Happy 9 months, Bubba!

_MG_2779.JPG

4 comments:

GranJanne said...

He got that bath-hating-thing from his father and his maternal grandmother!

Gran said...

It'll be warm enough soon for him to have swimming pool baths; hopefully days in the pool will help to transition to nights in the bath. He's an adorable bundle of giggles and kisses!

GranJanne said...

Oops! That's paternal grandmother! That's me! Sorry Cathy:!!!!!!!

Gran said...

Ha! No worries!