Friday, March 29, 2013

Desert Museum


Camera Roll-1436
No trip to Tucson would be complete without a trip to the Desert Museum. The hummingbirds are a favorite and I always like to clamber through the cave. Xavier enjoyed getting up close to the snakes and toads (safely in an exhibit) and the girls liked being paleontologists.

Camera Roll-1435
Ocotillo in bloom on one of the trails at the Desert Museum. The flowers were the inspiration for the color of my bridesmaids dresses almost 9 years ago.

Camera Roll-1433
I wonder how many times over the last 18 years I've taken a photo of this mutant Saguaro at the entrance to the Desert Museum.

Camera Roll-1426
Addie petting a javelina pelt. I learned (maybe I just keep forgetting and then relearning) that they aren't pigs but peccaries, their closest cousin being the hippo.

No comments: