Sunday, March 31, 2013

Xavier at Mission San Xavier

Xavier at Mission San Xavier


Cap and I hadn't been to the Mission San Xavier del Bac in ages but since it must have somehow been in my subconscious when naming Xavier, I wanted to add it to our Tucson Adventures To Do List (yes, I have one). I also wanted to pick up some Xavier-named loot but the gift shop was closed. Guess I shouldn't be surprised since it was Good Friday.

The mission was built in the late 18th Century when it was part of New Spain later becoming part of Mexico and then finally the U.S. The interior is magnificently painted with frescoes. The girls helped me light a prayer candle in the sanctuary in honor of Uncle Brother.

Camera Roll-1537

Camera Roll-1543

Camera Roll-1544

Camera Roll-1550

Camera Roll-1554

Camera Roll-1545

Camera Roll-1567

3 comments:

mit said...

Yay Sarah! Way to post mass quantities!

auntie snorg said...

i love that you lit a candle for Uncle Brother. Andrew and i drove to this mission the week of your wedding. we LOVED it. and later as i was driving us back, Andrew requested we "off road it" and i almost hit a cow and had a panic attack. Wish i could have been there to see the Mission with you all - and with the X Man himself!

Patsy said...

Ok, I finally am checking out your blog! It's really cool! Could it be the last time you guys went to this church was when me and Miguel went with you? You were young lovers then still. I and even Miguel remembers that beautiful place even though he was pretty young.