Saturday, July 27, 2013

Two!

_MG_4710.JPG

Happy 2nd Birthday, Xavier!

I can't believe how cute he is! He is such a ray of light in our lives. Xavier continues to be a sweet, gentle boy. He loves animals, airplanes, and playing soccer. His adores his sisters and is always hugging them especially when they are sad or hurt. He likes to keep things neat and tidy (gets that from Cap, not me!) and has two special stuffed animals he cuddles with in his crib: Bear, which Cedars Sinai gave each of the kids when we took Eliza to the ER for her bee sting and A-ta-ta-ta. This is his word for chicken but it's actually a pigeon throw pillow. I had given to my pigeon-phobic brother. So happy to have it as a much loved companion for Xavier. With a menagerie of other stuffed animals, he chose those two.

When I went into Xavier's room in the morning to wish him happy birthday, his first words were "cupcake." We let him open up one present from GranJanne otherwise he had to wait until after school for his egg-free, nut-free, cupcake. I got stuck at work in a meeting and raced home in time to grab some balloons from the supermarket and enjoy some cupcakes. I had thought about filling his crib with balloons when he woke up. I am so glad I didn't do that because it turns out he is terrified of balloons. He wouldn't touch the helium ones or let them near him.

Sunday we leave for two weeks (yes! two whole weeks!) on a road trip to New Mexico where will be staying at my cousin Elizabeth's place. I am looking forward to seeing family and just plain relaxing. I think this is the longest vacation we have taken in maybe 5 years. What?!

_MG_4689.JPG
_MG_4691.JPG
Anticipation

_MG_4696.JPG

_MG_4703.JPG

_MG_4707.JPG
Cupcake Monkey

Camera Roll-209
Of course at our house the new soccer goal is now a play tent

Camera Roll-210

No balloons!

1 comment:

auntie snorg said...

happiest 2nd b-day X man!