Friday, July 27, 2007

Greetings from the Road: Day 6


Addie is gonna miss the country life. She loves kickin' around in the dust, roaming the redwoods and wreaking havoc on Jason's abode.
Today we romped around the redwoods along the Avenue of the Giants and then treated ourselves to enchiladas at a biker bar slash Mexican Restaurant slash hotel. The Harley biker babes thought Addie was cute and a typically bearded biker dude wanted to know where he could get a pair of Addie's gold sneakers.

I also got to have one of my dreams realized. I saw my first banana slug. Jason feared I'd be disappointed but I was so excited. I've been hunting them since the first time I was in Santa Cruz in 1996. It took me 11 years to finally see one. Sorta looked like the constant stream of Addie boogers that live on her upper lip.


See ya Humboldt County. We're heading back to the land of the ubiquitious Starbucks - San Francisco.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you're heading South - I'm starting to get Addie withdrawal. (Apologies to the 3 other Adelgrans who don't get to see her as much as I do.)

Anonymous said...

The slug photo is very Monet-like. Have you seen his "Monet's Son - Upper Lip with Stream of Boogers?"

Afternoon Stache said...

I will vouch for the banana slug snot on addie's upper lip. she let one of those fly at the Trefethen Winery (try saying that without a lisp) and I have never seen anything quite like it.