Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Tis the Season


Can Christmas really be next week? Wasn't I just eating turkey sandwiches leftover from thanksgiving? I love Christmas and this year I feel like I've been so busy that I barely had time to stop and sniff the evergreen. Actually I did do that two weeks ago when I bought a wreath for our door. We have a 5 foot silver tinsel tree as a nod to old hollywood (and the size of our apartment) so I do like to get a real sniff-worthy wreath. At the christmas tree lot the sales dude caught me meandering amongst the trees, nose in the air taking deep breaths. Can I help you? Nope, just smelling. He said he'd leave me to it.

We're off to Detroit on the red-eye Friday night to spend Christmas with my Dad and family, back on New Year's Eve possibly with time to watch the ball drop (or just go to bed). I'm excited for Addie to see snow, and I know Santa is bringing her a pair of pink polka dot snow boots. Sure, I realize she'll only wear them for 10 days max but that can be a long time in the world of baby clothes.

Merry Christmas and may all your holidays be bright.

(Addie's intent expression is a result of her new love. Elmo. Why is Elmo like muppet crack?)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Addie appears to be actually thinking while watching tv. Elmo must be ok.

jamie said...

clara's on the crack too. happy holidays & safe travels!!

Anonymous said...

We wonder whether she will deal with the cold and the snow with the same curiosity and intensity she demonstrates with Elmo and Kelp!

JB said...

What is it about Elmo??!!! Hey we are excited to meet you while you are here next week - saw pop-pop today and he is so excited to have you all here. We sent a pak n play over for comfy sleeping - please let us know if you need anything else during your visit.

Reid said...

Happy Holidays!!