Saturday, December 08, 2007

CHiPs


Ponch and Jon welcome their newest recruit.

I'm trying to think of an appropriate segue to slip in that I got to mingle with Johnny Depp, Sasha Baron Cohen (Borat) and Tim Burton. Addie. CHiPs. California. Hollywood. Actors. Johnny Depp. Me. Hey, that works! Cap and I got a babysitter and went to the premiere of Sweeney Todd at Paramount on Wednesday. Cap wasn't sure if he was going to be able to sit through 2 hours of singing, but we both rather enjoyed the gory musical.

If you're familiar with the musical (which I wasn't until my Mom filled me in prior), then you know that the Demon Barber (Johnny Depp) and his Lady Friend (the ever lovely Helena Bonham Carter) chop up unsuspecting clients coming in for a shave and bake them in pies. Delightful! Thankfully the reception didn't have any tasty tidbits that resembled pies although I did gobble down a few sugar-coated jelly donut holes which could have turned my stomach if i used my imagination, which I didn't. I use the term mingle rather loosely. We all were in fact sipping cocktails within feet of each other at one point (after seeking out this situation) but there was no hope of casually interrupting to ask them if they liked my new red corduroy jacket or to show them a headshot of Addie and see if she can be in their next production. TSA should hire publicists for security.

3 comments:

Genevieve said...

awesome! I also went to a screening of Sweeney Todd this week but here in Washington it's not nearly as exciting. no reception and certainly no Johnny Depp!

ps I don't think I liked it. Still on the fence. Could be because all my friends stood me up and I sat through this gore-fest alone?!

Reid said...

You LA people make me sick.

auntie snorg said...

Can i just say YAY Chips! I was obsessed with that series when i was kid. I remember coming home from Kindergarten and sitting too close to the TV. that's how much i loved Chips!