Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Father's Day

_MG_1860.JPG
On Father's Day, Cap was a little under the weather. To give him some time to rest, I took Addie to Franklin Canyon to (illegally) feed the ducks. We saw lots of lizards and Addie got to pet a turtle that was sunning himself by the edge of the pond. Another Dad came by and asked if you could get salmonella from wild turtles. Um, don't know but I did get out a wipe for her hands when we were ready to move on. I noticed he didn't let his kid pet the turtle but he did shove a camera about an inch from the poor turtles face and probably blinding him with the flash.

Later that afternoon, we had a little backyard BBQ for Cap and his Dad. This photo makes me chuckle. They sorta look like two patients relaxing outside Shady Grove Home for the Sick. Cap was wondering why I was taking their picture when the better photo opportunity was going on behind me.

_MG_1858.JPG
_MG_1859.JPG
Nothing like several yards of pink tulle to keep her entertained! Addie likes to have the two of us go underneath it for a princess picnic. I asked her what princesses like to eat and she answered carrots.

Happy Father's Day to all the Dads in my life!

5 comments:

Pop-Pop said...

All I could think of was "On Golden Pond" minus the Pond when i saw the Dad's day pic. Loved the whirling dervish princess shots, what a neat family day. Turtles are cute, Addie's mom grew up with them when she was her age.

Reid said...

YOu may need to blow that bottom photo up and frame it. I'd even hang it in my house. too cute

Janice said...

Hah! A rest cure for the Daddies, I see: reclining chairs, cushions, blanket wrap. Looks like the perfect place! But where are the Maria Mancinis?

michelle said...

I love that your father-in-law wears a beret. That picture is fabulous.

Maybe if I tell my kid that princesses eat carrots, she'd eat them more often.

Gran said...

That certainly is the perfect picture of a relaxing Father's Day, although I am sorry Cap wasn't feeling well.

A brilliant idea, the pink tulle. I loved to put a beach towel across two twin beds and make a little house under it, but Addie's twirly whirly hide and seek looks so much more fun!