Saturday, September 26, 2009

2 Weeks Old

_MG_2736.JPG


Miss Eliza is 2 weeks old today. Happy day my sweetness.

Here is what's been going on:

Cap went back to work.
My mom had to go back home after having been with us for 10 days. Sniff sniff.
GranJanne arrived to stay with us for a week. Hurrah!
Eliza's umbilical nubbin fell off and was MIA until I found it on Cap's pillow. I'm not sure what to do with it. Why can't I bring myself to just throw it away?
Eliza has outgrown her newborn diapers.
Eliza has figured out day from night.
Eliza sleeps 2 hour stretches at night, eats and then goes back to sleep. Not too bad.
Eliza saw (slept through) her first art exhibition: Pompeii and the Roman Villa at LACMA
Eliza went to (slept through) her first restaurant for lunch: Swingers
Eliza went to (slept through) the aquarium. the first trip of many.
Eliza had her first photo shoot. My friend Jan spent an hour and a half taking photos of her. Most of the time though was spent trying to calm Eliza down so she wasn't crying in every shot. I'll share the photos when I get them.
Eliza also has the most engaging smile that moves her ears a quarter of an inch up. I can't wait for her to mean it.

5 comments:

michelle said...

Smell Eliza and remember how tiny and new she is.

Before you know it, she'll be five months old and eyeing your dinner.

JB said...

I love the little newborn fists - so sweet! I hope you are all doing well!

Genevieve said...

Adorable photo as always. Love the idea of the baby in your purse, btw.

Sandra said...

Congratulations! She is beautiful. Enjoy every minute.

Gran said...

Gran is still sniff sniff herself. I can feel the weight of Eliza's little bum in my hand as she naps on my chest rolled up in a baby ball.

So many firsts; I am so proud to have been a part of many of them, and of sharing all the other firsts through your photos.

She does have an incredible smile that transforms her face. Like you, I look forward to it being something other than gas.

I also miss my roommate, Addie, and bedtime stories, and a bedtime drink of agua and sparkly water and milk in separate glasses. I miss her evening cocktail of orange juice spritzer with the family at dinner around the dining room table, and her giggles and watching bubbles form under the wash cloth at bath time when the wash cloth splashes flat into the water from on high.