Friday, September 18, 2009

Big Yawn

_MG_2628.JPG


I'm too sleepy to write much now, but I wanted to report in. Eliza has gone from needing to be fed every hour all day and night to last night where she at least gave us a few 2-3 hour windows of sleep. I actually felt rested this morning. Or at least I didn't feel like a might melt in a sobbing ball of goo.

I am slowly returning from a sleep-deprived stupor to a world where I once remember valuing personal hygiene. I've been wearing a nursing bra and sweatpants for a week and to make it worse, they are the same bra and sweatpants. Aside from a trip to the pediatrician and a trip to my doctor because I was sure I had tonsillitis (I don't), I haven't left the house until today. The post-partum cramping, which at times was so horrifically painful I sent myself into shakes, shivers and chattering teeth, has subsided and it seems that maybe there is hope that breastfeeding won't always be this painful.

Eliza is a dream and love to watch her make a thousand faces in her sleep and rub her soft, downy head. She has the sweetest rose bud lips and a tiny button chin which sinks into her cheeks. My mom discovered two submerged dimples on those cheeks too, just like her big sister.

Thanks to my mom and Cap too who are doing countless things to help.


4 comments:

JB said...

Hang in there! Hygiene is over rated! She's beautiful even when yawning!

Pop-Pop said...

She's a beauty yawn and all, I think you must have channeling yourself to her! Hope more sleep is in your future. Glad Cap and Mom and I hope Addie are being helpful!Bless them.

Bethany said...

What a sweet photograph! Thinking of you and sending lots of love your way!

Anonymous said...

gosh, i forget how workhorsey motherhood is. knowing you will feel better and better, but yuk for the cramping.

eliza is just lovely. so looking forward to being in her presence.

how's addie with all this?

love, marcia