Thursday, September 03, 2009

39 Weeks

39 weeks

No baby yet and no signs of a baby other than the existence of my enormous belly. My doctor said that with the second baby there may not be any indication that labor is imminent. It will just happen. Actually that was how it was with Addie. No false contractions, no dropping, no dilation, no water breaking, no nuthin' until I was in labor and then BAM out she pops (okay she was actually sucked out with a vacuum) 6 days past her due date and 17 hours of labor.

My due date is this Sunday, but I'm actually fine not having the baby early now (or so I tell myself). I've been a whirlwind errand runner and movie goer this week having seen a movie in the theater every day. Just me, a large Mugs root beer and a pack of red vines. Plus Cap has fallen victim to a cold so we absolutely can't and won't have the baby until he's better. As if I have a choice in the matter.

5 comments:

Bethany said...

Been checking daily for baby news! Thinking about you and the belly XOXO

Pop-Pop said...

What a beautiful silhouette, you are lovely even with belly. We anxiously await the news, enjoy those movies.

michelle said...

I hope she comes on my birthday, 09-09-09!

Reid said...

Tooomorrrow! Tooomorrrooow! I love you! Tomorrow! You're only a daaay aaaway. TOOOOOOmorrow!


GO SEPT 5!


woot woot!

Gran said...

What a beautiful silhouette! Your pre-baby activities sound wonderful; glad you are getting lots of wish-list movies seen, errands run. Not quite house arrest once she arrives - more like the call of bed and sleep!

I can't wait to see all four of you. Hold on, baby! Wait for Daddy to feel better.