Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Happy 4 Months Eliza!

_MG_4658.JPG

Four months old already? But how can that be?!

And could she possible get cuter? Oh I melt when I see her. Spoken like a proud Mama, as Cap just said after I gushed over these photos.

Eliza smiles. Eliza laughs. Eliza has also found her feet, her hands and her mouth which she mixes up in a little baby waltz. Hand to feet, feet to mouth, mouth to feet, hand to mouth and round and round we go. She grabs everything including Addie's hair which she tolerates with great fortitude. Eliza is adjusting to daycare and me to work. I must say though that, after the miracle of bringing life into the world, spreadsheets and proposals seem rather mundane.

The other big news is that Eliza has pretty much weaned herself. When I got strep, Cap stepped in with the bottle and formula and by the time I recovered days later, Eliza had lost interest. I feed her once or so in the middle of the night when she is too sleepy to protest. I've been trying to pump at work once a day although even that is becoming hard to schedule. While I'm a little sad and a less than thrilled at 6 months of expensive formula, I am glad to have the freedom to roam about knowing that Cap can step in and feed her. I'll also miss the extra calorie burn. Perhaps I'll get serious about Wii hula-hooping and see if I can shrink the kangaroo pouch that is my stomach.

Happy Birthday little Eliza Belle, Eliza Booty, Eliza Doodle and Turkey Lurkey. I love you!

_MG_4637.JPG

_MG_4623.JPG

_MG_4610.JPG

See more from her 4 Month photo shoot here.

5 comments:

jamie said...

Aw. Well said, Mama. Is there anything more delicious than a 4 month old? :)

Anonymous said...

heavenly. oh why don't i live in l.a. and santa cruz? love, marcia

JB said...

I was thinking that Eliza had a very different look than Addie, but then I saw your "blast from the past" shot and WOW! I think these 2 are going to have to claim each other!

mit said...

Eliza sure is beautiful!

auntie snorg said...

PROCREATE! PROCREATE! PROCREATE! - if you didn't hear it all the way from the Food Network Offices in NYC, that was the cheer here...maybe its delayed with the 3000 miles and 2 months since your visit here... Eliza and Addie are famous in my office for being perfection! I can't wait to see Eliza in all her foot discovering glory!