Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Art Walk

_MG_6129.JPG

It was the Spring Brewery Art Walk last weekend. We went 2 years ago and missed it last year so I was pretty excited to check it out again. The Brewery Arts Center is a live/work artist colony and the vibe sends me back to life in Brooklyn. This year however, that magical nostalgia just wasn't there. Instead it felt dirty and messy and lonely. I think we just got their too early to soak in the carnival vibe or maybe I just should have eaten lunch before we left which often leaves me cranky.

Many of the studios were closed and the other half seemed to showcase creepy severed doll heads. Even a new art studio for kids reeked of cat urine and floral scented candles, forcing us back outside to catch our breath. I'm sad that the experience wasn't inspiring. Still, I think everyone who lives in LA should go once though to catch a glimpse into a different world.

5 comments:

auntie snorg said...

Next trip, i'm teaching you how to french braid!

sq gmail said...

please do! it's a must know mom skill!

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry the outing wasn't the fun you remembered. Maybe next year go later, give it a second chance?

Gran said...

I'm sorry the outing wasn't the fun you remembered. Maybe next year go later, give it a second chance?

Anonymous said...

That was Gran, name-challenged!