Monday, April 26, 2010

The Messy Baby Face Photo

_MG_5926.JPG

Ah, and here it is. The first Messy Baby Photo: Rice Cereal. It took us 4 weeks after getting the OK from our pediatrician to start feeding her solids and two weeks for me just to post this photo. We just couldn't seem to find the time. Like, who doesn't have time to feed their baby? Really. What sort of parents are we?

She's been dying to try food though. She salivates every time we pop a morsel into our own mouths, and she chased Addie around the living room for a bag of blue corn chips. It's taken so long to post this photo that we've given her pears already too which she adored. I kept thinking I'd get around to downloading and editing the video (to spare everyone 7 minutes of scraping rice cereal off of her chin) but that's hasn't happened.

Happy, hungry, messy baby.

5 comments:

Pop-Pop said...

I've changed her nickname to Smiley from Tufty. Great pick. Happy Girl.

Gran said...

Perfect description - she is indeed all of that! Yay for the world of solid foods!

Unknown said...

Thank god you told us what that was! As a non-baby-ed auntie... rice cereal will now never appetize me! HA! YAY for graduating her to solid food. is there a ceremony for that?

Reid said...

I hated making the switch to solid food, personally.

sq gmail said...

i hear ya. I wish we could go from bottle to feeding herself.