Wednesday, July 21, 2010

On with the Show

_MG_7158.JPG

Addie and I were playing Movie Theater in her room recently. She set up all her stuffed animals in their seats for the show. She told me that after the movie, she would put on a dance for them. In the meantime, I was to be the "maker." I thought that was the film maker, but it turns out the maker is the concessionaire. I had hand out "special" (3D) glasses, soda and popcorn to the patrons.

It's certainly a sign of the times, when she expects movies to be in 3D. I took her to see Toy Story 3 (so good!). She had seen it already in 3D at a special screening with Cap, but I really wanted to go. She and I went to a non-3D showtime, and right as the movie was about to start, Addie wanted to know where her glasses were. Sorry, this movie is just regular ole 2D.

1 comment:

Gran said...

When the photo was first loading, I thought "How can she sleep with all those people in her bed" before realizing they were an audience. Sounds like you guys were having lots of fun.

I am being a "maker" this weekend for the church small-group dinner at my very small place. WI'm having a cocktail buffet as a sit-down for 10 is impossible around a table that seats 4. I think it'll look a bit like Addie's bed!