Thursday, July 29, 2010

New Pony on the Block

_MG_7230.JPG

Meet Tiessa, the limited edition Comic-con My Little Pony and the newest in Addie's collection. Pretty sick, right?! Addie named her. I can only guess it's a derivation of Tiana from Princess and the Frog. Addie got her as a special treat last Sunday when I drove the girls down to meet up with Cap and soak in the pop culture fest that is Comic-con.

Gone are the days when I could tag along with Cap, freeload off the nice hotel, swim in the pool and just relax. Going with the two girls while Cap had to work was not fun. Eliza had a cold, the hotel was dank, and I basically spent over five hours in the car (round trip) just to be trapped in the hotel room. No pool, no cocktails. But on the bright side, I spent the afternoon with a friend and on Sunday finally got to go into the convention center and walk around the exhibit hall which was pretty cool.

Addie was so excited to go. For days she asked me to "talk about Comic-con" before she went to sleep. Once there, the massive crowds and the huge action figures kept her tied to the stroller but she soaked it all in even if she didn't want to have her photo with SpongeBob, Batman, or Bumblebee. Next year I'm going to dress Eliza up in a Princess Leia costume that we abandoned one Halloween when Addie got sick two years ago.

Check out more photos from Comic-con here.

_MG_7199.JPG

Ghost Hunters_02.jpg
comic con ghosts.jpg
Grant in Ghost Hunters is Cap's step-cousin. Hardly a close relation but the last time we saw him was at Grandpa Woody's funeral. If Woody could see these photos, I know he'd get a kick out of them. I wish he could have met the girls too.

2 comments:

Gran said...

You created some great memories out of the weekend, and Addie has a special new friend in Tiessa. I am sure she is eager for next year's event! Hope Eliza's cold is better.

GranJanne said...

Woody at Comic-con - what a happy thought! I think he would have loved being there with all of you.