Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Mother's Day

_MG_9695.JPG

I hope all the Mothers in my life had a lovely day. Now I know how much we deserve it!

My day started with Cap getting up with Eliza letting me sleep in. Only problem is that my body doesn't like that plan anymore. I'm lucky if I can sleep past 6:15. Once something wakes me up (usually Eliza) I can't go back to sleep. Still, lying in bed is a luxury so I did that until Addie wished me an exuberant Happy Mother's Day.

Cap took Eliza with him to get delicious bagels which I devoured toasted with butter and cream cheese. I used to eat them that way when I was in elementary school in New York and, I must say, it's darn good if not highly caloric. We spent the morning at home and the girls gave me their hand-made presents - carrot seeds in a decorated pot from Addie and a picture frame from Eliza. I opened cards from my family and Cap gave me a subscription to Sunset magazine and an enormous bouquet of gorgeous flowers.

I got to nap too - another luxury. Then Addie and I made chocolate cupcakes and we all headed out with a picnic lunch to Roxbury Park for the afternoon. Eliza got stung by a bee and was a total trooper. The good news is that she isn't allergic. After the park it was bubble bath time for two very dirty, sandy girls and take-out for dinner.

Thanks to my family for treating me like a Queen for a day. Next year though I wouldn't say no to a full day at the spa all by myself.

_MG_9704.JPG
My loveys

_MG_9709.JPG

_MG_9711.JPG

2 comments:

GranJanne said...

Happy Mother's Day, Sarah! Your day sounds as if it were wonderful! And Happy Birthday (05/06) Cap! How do you like your iPad?

Gran said...

That sounds like a fabulous Mother's Day, and well deserved. Love the pictgures, and the gifts the girls made you.