Sunday, May 13, 2012

I love you this much

MothersDay Savannah_20120513 color.jpg

Mother's Day. I tried to sleep in but after Eliza dropped Xavier on his head I was pretty much awake. After that Cap made raspberry pancakes with fresh blueberries and lots of coffee. After Eliza's gym class we all piled in the minivan and headed out to Glendale to wish Grandma Vede a happy Mother's Day. Then we went to Descanso Gardens to ride the train and walk in the rose garden. Dinner was Chinese take-out followed by champagne and chocolate caramels. Lovely.

Xavier gave me a card with his handprint and a photo of his big happy bald head. Eliza made a handprint flower stuck in glued beans and Addie made this watercolor bouquet which I framed. All of these came home with them from school. While I was at Eliza's class, Addie also drew me the above picture. On the reverse it said, "I love you this much." So guess how much she loves me? As big as the Svana (savanna). I'm so lucky! There is an elephant, a giraffe, and hippo with her baby. I took her black and white line drawing and fiddled with it in photoshop (Addie said she didn't like it in color). I guess I shouldn't mess with the artist.

My mom is coming in less than 48 hours and will be staying with us for 2 weeks to celebrate Addie's 6th birthday. We all can't wait!

Happy Mother's day!

Camera Roll-1374

Camera Roll-1370
Eliza looking at koi

Camera Roll-1357
Addie looking at koi


4 comments:

auntie snorg said...

what a lovely mother's day snorg. I love the koi pics!

GranJanne said...

That bouquet is fantastic! Blows my mind!

Gran said...

Fantastic children, fantastic art. Can't wait to be with you all!

GranJanne said...

Sarah! I showed Stephen your pics of the girls looking at the koi and he was very impressed by your skills! And so am I!