Thursday, November 29, 2007

Kelp to Toe

As expected I took a zillion photos and about half a zillion are of Addie looking down. She is a very intent and serious beach-goer focusing on the job at hand whether it's transfering sand from one bucket to the next or introducing her toes to a nice slimy kelp bulb.

I'm going through family withdrawal and so is Miss A. I must say I rather enjoyed a 5:1 Adult to Addie ratio over thanksgiving weekend. My mom, brother and sister were so wonderful with Addie and she adored them - after she got reacquainted with a little help from a stuffed walrus and chex mix bribery. We wish we had brought crayons with us because Gran taught her a new trick. Addie now insists that we draw her pictures that she can color in. All of us took turns drawing fish, bees, and owls so she could scribble on their eyes. This came in very handy at the fancy bistro we went to for my Mom's 60th birthday. Addie miraculously sat through 3 courses happily chomping on ice and coloring in my two dimensional fish and bubbles drawn on the paper tablecloth. Turns out she loves port-cured grapes and pumpkin cheesecake, and could take or leave pannecotta with an apricot puree. I've been practicing my drawings since we've been home adding an octopus, a duck and a Christmas tree with presents to my repertoire.

I've added the final shots from our trip to the slideshow or just head to our flickr account and peruse on your own. I'm game to renting a house in Cambria anytime - anyone interested?

5 comments:

auntie snorg said...

I'm going through Addie withdrawl!! I've shared the pics with all my coworkers and seem to hit the slideshow everyday! I'm game for Cambria rentals ANYTIME

Anonymous said...

Me too! Also, Addie is a good wine taster and she needs more experience in that venue.

jamie said...

yes, yes! this summer!

Anonymous said...

nicholas and i drew together a lot. he was perhaps a little older than addie. we would make a scene, like a house a tree and n. on a bike and me smoking (just kidding), and some snails. like that. i never thought to make shapes for him to color in. great idea!

i went to montrose colorado and played with labradoodle puppies for thanksgiving.

love, marcia

Anonymous said...

Marcia, labradoodles are the greatest! One of my friends has a black labradoodle named Killian (Irish family). Joan hosted my birthday dinner Sunday, and Killian proved again and again that he really IS a lapdog. Just the sweetest (huge) animal ever.