Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Where to Start

The Coming Back from An Amazing Vacation Blog posts always stump me. How can I sum up 5 days with friends without writing a travelog? So, where to start?
Flying Virgin America
Addie and I flew (Virgin America is awesome) to Northern Virginia to celebrate my God Daughter Arden's baptism. I got to spend tons of time with Reid and her clan before Cap met up with us Saturday for the baptism itself. I forgot how beautiful and lush DC and Virginia are (didn't forget the humidity part though). I loved hanging out with old friends and my second family, seeing how much Sawyer has grown and getting to cuddle up with my little podling Arden. What sweet kids they are!
Sawyer and Addie
Addie got to play with rocks in the deck fountain with Sawyer, and she was so protective of Arden, especially when she had to get nebulized. "Medicine. Baby Arden."
Smiling and Baptized
Addie continued to be a word sponge learning new stuff all the time including being introduced to a microwave. I tried to give her cold leftover mac n cheese and she quickly informed me after one bite, "Cook it. Microwave." When we were driving around Adams Morgan in DC, Addie unfortunately learned the phrase, "Oh my God" which she repeated several times mimicking my exact cadence (Oh. My. Gaaawd). Oops.
Addie and Mac n Cheese Face

Oh and note to self. Routines are important even on vacation with a 3 hour time change. Poor Addie skipped meals and naps willy nilly and we all paid the price. Poor girl. Despite some meltdowns, I think she had a great time. I know I did!
Sleepy Family

I've posted photos from our trip so check them out. I'm super exhausted. Do I sound exhausted? I think I'm repeating myself.

4 comments:

Bethany said...

Oh. my. god. That last photo is the cutest thing I've ever seen.

auntie snorg said...

I love the last photo as well. I love all the photos. I'm so envious of the trip!

Anonymous said...

How wonderful and joyous you all look. What a reunion!!! Madeira redux it looked like. I loved the Gatsby-esque picture of Mr. Armstrong. What a great bunch of friends.Reid and Arden are both precious!

Anonymous said...

What wonderful pictures! The photos of the children playing are fantastic. I love Scott holding Arden, who gives a big Sawyer grin!