Thursday, May 22, 2008

My American Idol

David Cook Wins!
I am not embarrassed. I shall not hide. I LOVE AMERICAN IDOL.

And this year I love David Cook, the underdog contestant to child prodigy David Archuleta. For the first time since I started watching the show severals season ago, I actually voted. Yup, I texted "vote" to 5701 on Tuesday night. I care.

Cap called me yesterday afternoon at 4:15 and told me to get ready, he's on his way to pick me up. He snagged two tickets to the season 7 finale of American Idol about 50 minutes before the show started. Good thing I showered that morning! I had been enjoying a refill of a mimosa on the back deck of my neighbor's house and darn it if i didn't even get to finish my second glass before I was whisked off to the Nokia theater.

When David Cook won I went berserk - possibly equal to or more so than the 8 year old girls one row in front of us. I bet this is how NY Giants fans felt at the Super Bowl.

What next? Season premier of So You Think You Can Dance starts tonight. Phew. Just in time so I don't go into withdrawal.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute photo Squaint!

jamie said...

sooo fun! i am so giddy about SYTYCD starting. it's one of the best parts of summer.

Genevieve said...

you are awesome.

and yay! for SYTYCD tonight!!

auntie snorg said...

First. You are a celebrity in my office. Everyone at Food Network watches American Idol.

Second. We are so related. I LOVE so you think you can dance. And while i was a David Cook Fan, and super happy for him to win, i did not vote. BUT i totally voted for So You Think You Can Dance's Travis Wall, who ended up being the runner up in Season 2.

Chria said...

People who are too cool to vote are in the worst kind of denial. I mean WTF, you're watching the show, right? "Oh, I don't vote, though." I am on the wagon when it comes to watching AI, but I will be dialing my ass off for SYTYCD, and I don't see why that's something I have to "admit."

michelle said...

Awesome post.

I'm glad Cook won too. And I'm even more thrilled SYTYCD is back!