Sunday, June 01, 2008

New Digs


We did it!

Addie turned two last Saturday, we moved into our new apartment on Monday, I started my new job on Wednesday and then flew to San Francisco for a 2 day work retreat. Oh and we also survived a trip to IKEA yesterday smack dab in the middle of when Addie should have been napping. I'm feeing a tiny bit like a super hero. tiny bit.

I know everyone has been asking for photos of our new place but of course I want it to be *perfect* before I share. I think that shall be defined as having our art hung on the walls and the clutter shoved back into closets for the photo shoot. I'm most excited to finally have a "nursery" for Addie since this is the first time she has her own room instead of just her crib and a 15 inch wide bookcase that we used for clothes and books.

Addie also has declared a new chapter. She told me yesterday she was not a girl but a woman. Well then.

Our new digs
We have the bottom floor of the duplex.
Living Room
The living room looking really huge and spacious. Now it has a new plasma screen TV!

13 comments:

jannepone said...

Wowie Zowie! Fantastic new digs!!

Anonymous said...

Darling! This is beautiful! One of the greatest luxuries in life is space in one's home. Addie has her own room and her toys and her real and imaginary life. You and Cap have your own space with no little voices saying Mama! Dada! Blessings on all of you in your beautiful new home.

Anonymous said...

You guys know how to do it right! The place looks great from the outside and I love the big window in the living room. Can't wait to see your innovative decorating touch.

michelle said...

I love the big window with the stained glass details. So pretty. Congrats!

auntie snorg said...

Phenominal space sister! Well done. I have to take pics of my new place as well. But until i get bookshelves things will not be shared.
LOVELY!

Anonymous said...

From one who's seen it, it's all very airy and relaxing. And they have even better take-out availability than before!

Genevieve said...

looks sooo pretty!

Reid said...

And I'm pleased to see you will be protected from vampires due to the crucifix on the upstairs neighbor's exterior wall. Tres Bella!

Anonymous said...

OOOOOOOOOOOO!GREAT FIND!! I'm sure Jen's will be Super too! Drew will be consulting the two of you at the end of the summer for apartment hunting advice! Congratulations LA Ps and Qs!

Anonymous said...

I'M HAVING TROUBLE LEAVING COMMENTS. PERHAPS I SHOULD BE OTHER THAN ANONYMOUS. ANYWAY, FABULOUS AND TOO TOO L.A.

LOVE, MARCIA

kitty said...

i love it!!! yay for you guys!! happy for you three. (and you ARE a super hero for shizzle for getting all of that done)

JB said...

Wow - what a cool place! And a busy weekend - Now you are my hero!

Anonymous said...

What a lovely place. I am starting a new path forward myself. Please keep in touch