Sunday, December 07, 2008

What you talkin bout Willis?

_MG_8584.JPG

Addie continues to talk up a storm - usually at home though when there are no other witnesses to her loquaciousness. The night before Thanksgiving she woke up at 4 am cheery as can be and ready to tell us a something about everything. It went a little like this:

Addie:
Daaaaadyyyyyyyy. I want milk please.
You can stay here, Mama, and close your eyes. okay?
I'll be right back.

Me:
Hrmph

(then snuggled into our bed)

Addie:
Do you have bum (meaning gum) Mama?

Me: rrrrggrmph

Addie:
Do you have bum (gum) in your mouth?

Me:
No. Go back to sleep.

Addie;
I don't eat peanuts.
Girls don't eat peanuts.

Me:
mmmmrmph

Addie:
If I go pee pee I can have candy!
I can go pee pee in my potty.
I can eat candy!

Me:
Sweetie. It's 4 am. Please go to sleep. It's still nigh-nigh time.

Cap:
You need to go to sleep, Addie, because tomorrow is Thanksgiving.

Addie:
We're gonna eat turkey!
Papa Mit and Grandma Vede are coming over.
Not Aunt Karen.
Just Papa Mit and Grandma Vede.
We're gonna eat turkey.
It will be fun!
And Jake is coming!
Not Clara.

Me:
We're going to eat turkey, but you need to go to sleep so you can have fun.

Addie:
I'm happy!
It's gonna be fun!


Now, if that was all for a turkey, I can't imagine what the Night Before Christmas will bring.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's my girl. Love that expression, way to go girl tell it like it is or is that a shut your mouf look. Can't wait for the Christmas version of tales of Addie.

auntie snorg said...

The night before christmas and all through the house, Only Addie was stirring not even a mouse!

SLEEPY PARENTS!