Monday, May 25, 2009

Happy Birthday Princess!

_MG_1572.JPG

Sunday we celebrated Addie's third birthday with a Painting Party in our backyard. We borrowed easels for creating masterpieces and set up a craft table for the kids to decorate their own king, queen and princess crowns with glitter glue and gemstones. We ate pizza and strawberry ice cream cake. Later that afternoon, we opened presents galore and then all curled up for a nap on Mommy and Daddy's bed.

I feel like I've been saying Addie is "almost three" for so long that two seems like eons ago. Having left Elmo and Little Einstein's behind, she is knee deep in pink princess garb and ready for Montessori pre-school to start this July. I love that Addie is such a little whipper snapper - alternately fiercely stubborn and independent, and then loving and caring the next. She can certainly hold her own on the playground but has taken on the role of protector to the younger kids at her daycare. She told me the other day, "Good job Mommy. I'm proud of you." and all because I'd polished off my own bowl of cereal. Gosh, I'm just so proud of my little girl.

Happy Birthday! Go get 'em Addie!

_MG_1580.JPG

_MG_1535.JPG
Hard at work at her easel.

_MG_1553.JPG
In case you think she's all princess, here she is with her pal Clyde playing with an earthworm.

_MG_1612.JPG
Bibbidi-Bobbidi-Boo!

_MG_1615.JPG
Parties and presents are tough work. Napping with her new rainbow baton.

6 comments:

Pop-Pop said...

What a gal that Addie from Princess to Earth Worm Mother. The napping is precious and we loved the Princess posing and the young Georgia O'Keeffe at work at her easel. I too am into abstraction. Happy 3 Addie, Cap, Rutabaga Girl and Mommy!

michelle said...

So cute. I love the picture of her painting on the easel.

I can't believe she's three. I'm holding on to Annabelle's one-ness for two more months. I'm in denial she'll be two.

Bethany said...

Happy birthday Miss A!

Gran said...

Princess Power! Never lose the common touch, though, Addie; there is as much pleasure in observing an earthworm as in the most beautiful of princess dresses. Keep the assertive and the empathetic in balance, don't forget to praise others' good deeds, and you will be just fine, young lady!

mit said...

Here's to Addie's first three years. They have been very good for me.

auntie snorg said...

Oh Miss A. How quick they grow!