Thursday, May 07, 2009

Sunday

_MG_1256.JPG

Sunday we promised Addie she could go to the beach with her friend. Then her friend bailed. We promised her we'd go the beach just the three of us. Then we bailed. When I got out of the car after hunting for a parking spot, I declared it too cold for the beach. Actually, I said I was cold and Cap, from years of past experience, knows that when I'm cold I complain and when I complain everyone suffers. So he smartly suggested we abort our beach trip. So we promised Addie a pony ride instead. Do you think she's maybe a tiny bit spoiled?

Off to the Santa Monica Farmer's Market we go! Thankfully there was a pony ride, otherwise she would have had to settle for petting chickens, an activity she rather enjoyed the last time we were there. The place is getting so crowded you have to fight for food and a little spot on the lawn, but we prevailed. We shared a loaded baked potato and corn on the cob. Cap got Addie a pink magic wand balloon, which I foolishly thought was a sword she was holding the wrong way. Silly me! We listened to the bluegrass band and then Addie hit the dance floor. She's got an awesome little dance routine that involved stepping side to side and kicking out her heels. The market was shutting down and she finally got up enough courage to take a ride on a pony. She sat stoically on the biggest one.
_MG_1280.JPG
_MG_1281.JPG
_MG_1282.JPG
_MG_1287.JPG
_MG_1299.JPG

1 comment:

Gran said...

For a backup plan,that was pretty swell! I love Addie's dance moves, and see she is wearing the tan converse sneakers. Smart move - they're great with the pink dress.