Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Another Day at the Museum

_MG_2336.JPG
IMG_2348.JPG
The weather has been a little weird lately. Cloudy cold, then humid. We bagged going to the pool on Saturday and risked the potential heat in Pasadena to revisit the KidSpace Museum. It's really more of a discovery center than a museum and Addie got to explore all sorts of rocks, shells and yes, even a fine pelt. I like this photo because she looks like a sales lady at the fur counter at Bergdorfs. I keep thinking of fun places to go when my Mom is in town in a few weeks and then I remember that having a baby is less of a vacation and more like house arrest.

Sunday I was treated to an amazing baby shower hosted by Jamie and Jeannine with decadent food, a little champagne for the pregnant lady, sweet gifts and most importantly lots of time to gab with my lady friends. I loved every minute of it. This is my last week at work until January which means there must be a baby coming soon! Addie is ready as she's dragged the bassinet into her room as well as the infant car seat. Baby Doll sleeps face down and shrouded with a wash cloth while Elmo keeps the car seat warm. I gently told Addie that her baby sister can only sleep on her back and she can't have any blankets in her bed, especially not covering her face. Addie promptly told me that her doll was a toy and it was perfectly fine for her to sleep any way she wanted. Well then!

4 comments:

Pop-Pop said...

Love that Addie, I think she is practicing to be a lawyer! if not Bergdorf's works. I love her/your museum, exploits. I'm rooting for a 9/1 delivery!

Janice said...

I took Cap to a children's museum in LA when he was nearly 3; I believe your museum was not in existence at that time. His great interest was starring in and then producing a TV show! Foreshadowing?

brandie said...

I can't wait to take Sofia to this museum!

Anonymous said...

dear sarah, i want to thank you muchly for letting me into your life with this blog. i love your take on things, and it's a chance to feel what's happening. love, marcia