Saturday, October 17, 2009

Pumpkin Patch Round One

_MG_2986.JPG


We made a detour on our way home from Idyllwild to explore Oak Glen which I had read about in Sunset magazine as a great day trip for apple picking. We missed apple season (next year!), but did get to enjoy a giant slice of apple pie with cinnamon sauce at a local diner, buy a mandatory jar of apple butter and pick our own pumpkin.

It was cold and a dense fog was rolling in making the fields even more romantic and mysterious. We had the pumpkin patch at Los Rios Rancho to ourselves. Addie selected her own pumpkin, and she and Cap cut it off the vine with a knife. I love pumpkin patches. There is something so timeless about photos of children in amongst the giant orange beasts.

On Sunday we are off with some friends to a more urban pumpkin excursion in Beverly Hills where we'll stock up on more pumpkins and funny shaped gourds. Can't wait! I still haven't decided yet what to carve on my pumpkin but Addie said she wanted a scary face on hers.

Check out more photos from the pumpkin patch at Los Rios Rancho here.

IMG_2999.JPG

_MG_3011.JPG

_MG_2996.JPG

2 comments:

mit said...

I like Addie's hair long, if she doesn't mind it in her face.
Also, seeing the picture of Cap helping Addie really takes me back to when Cap was three.

pop-pop said...

Love the pics . I guess this is one of my favorite seasons. Way to go pumpkin Addie