Monday, February 21, 2011

So long staycation

You may recall, or maybe that was on facebook, that I was complaining about spending Christmas break at home for 11 days. By day 6 I was done and ready to book a last minute, red-eye to New York. I completely climb the walls and panic that I'm wasting precious time off from work.

When MLK weekend came around, I was adamant that we would go out of town. Both Cap and I had the day off and the girls' school was closed. I looked at San Diego, Santa Barbara, and Ojai before settling on Palm Springs where the pools are heated and we had an unseasonal high of 80. After searching through several three star options, I said screw it; I want a hotel that has it all. We booked three nights at the Hyatt Grand Champions in Indian Wells after getting the second night half off. We had a huge room and there were 6 pools, a hot tub, a water slide and pool side beverages on demand.

I love the desert and I love Palm Springs. It was perfect.

It's another three day weekend but we're taking the whole week! We flew off to Tucson on the 19th for our annual trip to visit GranJanne and see her new house. Pop Pop and Nana will also be there for their annual desert sojourn. Mmm. Love that desert air.

Palm Springs Photos:

_MG_9136.JPG
Addie feeding a giraffe at the Living Desert zoo.

_MG_9142.JPG
Addie riding a camel for the first time. This zoo seriously rocks.

_MG_9153.JPG
Grooming a goat. When I think about how many times our city kids have combed goats, I have to laugh.

IMG_9160.JPG
Sheep gazing

_MG_9172.JPG
Addie and Cap on the water slide

_MG_9178.JPG
Eliza and Cap on the water slide.

_MG_9194.JPG
Taking a break from swimming to have some water and watch a movie on my phone.

_MG_9197.JPG
Finally trying an infamous date milk shake from Shields. Delicious. Eliza liked it too.

1 comment:

Gran said...

Wonderful vacation! I am so glad you hie to the desert. Looks like everyone is having a great time (and I agree about the goat grooming - sort of a substitute My Little Pony scattered across multiple holidays and seasons).