Sunday, June 26, 2011

Thor

ultrasound 35 weeks-profile.jpg

The baby is measuring 7 lbs 6 ozs right now.
This is the size of 50% of all newborns.
I'm 35 weeks along.
Will the baby come early?
Probably not.
That means I'll have a 9 lbs baby.

The weight predictions are often off but since Addie was 7 lbs 12 oz and Eliza a chubby 8 lbs 8 oz, I'd say that 9 lbs might even be a low estimate. The good news is of course that he's totally healthy.

I have 5 days left of work before maternity leave begins. I plan on reading, napping, going to the movies, sorting boy clothes, sorting girl clothes to give away and maybe I'll actually crack open and fill out Eliza's currently blank baby album before her baby brother arrives.  Once he arrives, it's just breastfeeding, diaper changing and napping.

I'm also taking the girls out of the extended day program so I'll be picking them up at 2:30 instead of after work. I'm wondering if I'm crazy for doing this during a time when getting up off the floor is an 8 step preparation for me and fatigue is the name of my game. Add a newborn into that picture and I'm trying to imagine life at home with just me and my brood.

ultrasound 35 weeks-face.jpg
I know these ultrasounds are almost impossible to decipher. The top is of baby Thor in profile and the bottom is a face shot with his cherry nose and kissable lips. We watched him smacking those lips. He was probably enjoying his root beer flavored amniotic fluid. I can't get enough root beer these days.

1 comment:

Gran said...

I think I can interpret the face shot but confused on the profile. Rohrschach tests! Still, an absolute delight to get a preview of Mr Cuteness.

Hope he shrinks slightly before arrival!