Friday, January 04, 2013

Brother

564896_10200245855659271_731084427_n.jpg

I lost my amazing, inspiring, witty and hilarious brother over Christmas. How can I sum up what he meant to me? Impossible. I can only say that I love him, and I hope that he has found peace finally.

As I pack up our Christmas decorations, I both laugh and cry as I wrap up ornaments Andrew gave us from Alaska made of seal and polar bear pelts and the mini flag of the State of Alaska that we also stick on our tree. Even watching a re-run of the TV show Charmed while we were on a vacation in Palm Springs over New Year's reminds me of the many Wednesday evenings when we lived in New York over a decade ago and would watch the witches save the world from demons and warlocks. They called themselves P3 - the Power of 3. Addie recently told Xavier, "You are lucky to have two sisters." I hope that Andrew felt that as we were certainly lucky to have him as a brother.

3 comments:

GranJanne said...

You were indeed,

Gran said...

We were all lucky. Andrew was an amazing person, so loving, so compassionate.

auntie snorg said...

we were lucky indeed.