Sunday, January 27, 2013

My Birthday

Untitled

I hope this is the only year I receive birthday cards mingled with sympathy cards. Nonetheless, I had a lovely day starting out with my co-workers decorating my desk with streamers, balloons, a princess wand, tiara and sash. How sweet is that?! For lunch my office mates took me out for amazing sushi where we sat at the table next to Dominic Monaghan who was Charlie in Lost and, my favorite, Merry the Hobbit in the Lord of the Rings. Note our not so subtle attempt to take his photo.


Untitled

Cap sent me flowers at work and the girls made me card. After presents, cupcakes and chocolate covered strawberries, we left the kiddos with Papa Mit and went out to see a movie - such a luxury! We saw Silver Linings Playbook which was great and today in homage I painted my nails the same color as Jennifer Lawrence's character, a sort of metallic blue/black.

For my 39 beauty regimine, I plan on wearing a lot more moisturizer, make-up on a daily basis (it's not just for special occasions anymore), drink more water (also my new year's resolution) and get anti-aging facials (which was sadly recommended by the women who gave me my last facial). When do I get to have my midlife crisis?

4 comments:

auntie snorg said...

Happiest of Birthdays sister snorg! Love the Hobbit pic!

Gran said...

Happy birthday, precious Princess Sarah! No midlife crises - too busy with children and work!

GranJanne said...

You're beautiful as you are. No need for makeup.

Patsy said...

Oh, I did get to see lovely Sarah. I hope you had a nice birthday. Miss talking with you and Cap.