Thursday, August 24, 2006

We’re Going To Be Parents Again!

Gotcha! No, I am not pregnant. But we are going to be Godparents!

Reid and Scott have asked us to be Godparents to their little bundle of joy - William Sawyer Pierce. I am so honored. I love the idea that we’ll be a part of his life forever and have the wonderful opportunity to see Adelaide and Sawyer grow up together even if we live in different places. Reid and I have known each other since freshman year at Madeira and our friendship has grown since with the birth of our own children.

Sawyer, don’t pack your bags to Tibet yet. Even if we don’t go on a journey to the world’s most spiritual locations, Cap and I will honor our duties as Godparents and try to guide you along your path in other ways. On my Madeira senior yearbook page, I had a quote from Salinger:

"How in hell are you going to recognize a legitimate holy man when you see one if you don't even know a cup of consecrated chicken soup when it's right in front of your nose?" ~Franny and Zooey

May you find blessings in the everyday knowing that you are surrounded by people who love you.

No comments: