Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Grandmaster Flash


I have been very neglectful of my new wonderful camera. My photography class which requires the use of a "real" film camera has been usurping my picture taking time as we close in on my final projects and the assignment that I have to reshoot because i messed it all up. Wasn't this class supposed to be fun? Now I'm just a giant ball of stress. The new digital camera hasn't been collecting dust though because Cap recently discovered not only the macro lens but the mountable flash - something I've been too intimidated to use. The pokey little pop-up flash is crap to put it crassly and to have figured out this other flash device has opened up a whole new world of indoor photos. Cap took this gorgeous shot of Miss Addie at Cousin Max and Laura's house on Saturday. Cap, can you do my final photography assignment for me? I just want to nap.

Since this post thus far hasn't really been about Addie, I can share what she's up to this very minute. Breaking news. I'm gobbling down my morning cereal and Miss Addie is systematically emptying the tupperware drawer of its contents and replacing it with a pair of waded up, dirty socks of mine that she found by the bed and carried into the kitchen for, I can only imagine, this very purpose.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

A Film Noir shot. I think she has a career in movies!!!

Reid said...

Hope to get to see some of your "real" photos one of these days. Perhaps you could scan them when you are done with the project so we could take a looksie?

Reid said...

ps lovely shot cap

Anonymous said...

I sense a touch of Ethel Merman here! Good catch, Cap!

Sarah, how frustrating that you have to reshoot, and under pressure. We have all seen your work and know it is excellent. Deep breath and away you go!

JB said...

This is a beautiful picture. Last weekend we were celebrating with all the graduating seniors (Addy's uncle Drew included) and we had a slide show with their baby pictures. It occured to me that when our kids are graduating, we will have thousands of baby pictures to choose from for the slide shows - pictures like this make me wonder; how will we ever choose the 2 best shots?