Monday, May 28, 2007

Party Weekend

My little flower is one year and 4 days old. Shouldn't I have been planning an eloquent, yet humorous, year in review post in honor of this day? And now that it's here, I'm not sure what I want to say. Everytime I look at the picture of Addie and I from her birthday I want to cry. Sometimes I do. Like now. I'm so proud of her and so happy to have her in my life. I can't even believe this little angel came down and decided to live with me. How did I deserve her? Tears of joy, sure. But some guilt. some sadness. Did I live in the present? I'm always excited for What's Next. The rolling, sitting, crawling, walking, words. But in that waiting, did I miss the here and now?

Darn it. I didn't plan on this making me cry. I wanted to show lots of cute pictures of Addie daintily eating cake and all of her friends and family showering her with gifts and kisses. She might be the only baby not so shove cake and frosting down her pie hole. I think what I've learned is that Addie is much better at feeding herself than I am, since she frequently finishes dinner with me with lentils in her hair and summer vegetables up her nose.
We've had the most amazing weekend birthday celebration. My Mom flew in to celebrate with us, and Addie went from "who the heck is this lady trying to kiss me" to walking over to Gran arms open. So, I'm calling it. Addie is walking at one year. It's going down in ink in the baby book. She hasn't given up crawling yet, but over the last few days she's edging more towards 2 legs good, 4 legs bad. In addition to her Birth Day, and her Yellow Birthday Party on Saturday, we also spent a day wine tasting in Santa Barbara and visiting the aquarium to look at yellow fish. I'm completely exhausted but have had the best 5 days hanging out with Addie who is turning into an amazing little girl. Take a peek at a few of the shots from Addie's Party Weekend. Thanks to everyone who was here with us in person, and in spirit. We definitely need a two bedroom apartment for all of the stuff. Heck, bring on the 3 bedroom with a den. California dreamin'.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I shed tears of joy for Addie and all of you. She is a charmer and a real fashion hound with so many changes of clothes!! What a gal. the slide show made us feel there. Thanx.

Reid said...

Ohhh, I am so sad I couldn't be there. Happy Birthday little one! I love the bloomers!

kitty said...

so good to be a part of the party! you all are doing an amazing job!

Anonymous said...

Love that party outfit. She looks adorable. Oi-lily!

Sarah Q said...

thanks pop-pop and nana for Addie's birthday outfit. She looked cute as can be!

jamie said...

so bummed we missed the party! can we extend addie's bday celebration through this weekend? :)

Anonymous said...

Being there is the best part; leaving is the worst. What a delight Addie is. Pictures don't convey the wriggly giggly person she is, her sly sense of humor, her teasing, her responsiveness to everyone and everything around her. I so wish I were back in Oz with my darlings. California dreamin' indeed!