Sunday, May 20, 2007

(over) exposed



. . . and she still has that rash on her chest. and lip. and arm. all from playing with a lemon in the sun. but she's still darn cute rash and all.

but rashes aside, Addie is so so so close to walking. She can do it. It's basically just a confidence thing. She's taken at least 6-10 steps in a row and can be found standing up on her own. She's been able to stand unassisted for a couple of weeks but the minute she'd realize it, down she'd go. Now she does it all on her own. Will she walk by her first birthday. Four days to go . . .

I'm also trying to not be competitive about this. It doesn't matter when she walks. of course not. But my expectations. She was such an early roller and crawler that I must say I had my sights set on walking by 10 months. Now I feel she's just gotta walk at a year, or. or. or. or nothing. So what, right? Hunched over and holding her hand, we're being guided around by Addie like we're bridled horses. Maybe I just want her to walk so Cap and I can stand upright again.

2 comments:

Reid said...

I hear you on that hunchback thing. I am just so glad sawyer can walk holding on with just one hand now. At least I can stand up a little bit straighter. I can't believe its almost 1 year.

Unknown said...

Happy First Birthday Sweet Addie!