Friday, June 15, 2007

everything in the mouth


I think I've dwelled long enough on "the incident" and decided that we could all use a nice photo of Addie and some flowers. Ahhhh. Isn't that nice? Only she's trying to eat the flower. Cap is right there again though to save her.


Addie admirers at Descanso Gardens last Saturday.


Dead Japanese Iris. I played with my macro lens for the first time at Descanso which was fun but very challenging to switch from taking up close shots on manual focus, to jumping back to regular zoom lens on autofocus so I could get Addie. The problem is evidenced in the above photo of Addie and her gang where I didn't remember I was still on manual focus so the shot is a little blurry.



And a cute little ladybug with no spots. this was a tiny, tiny bug about the size of a plump sesame seed. As my photography teacher said, if you get a macro lens he'll just leave some food out on the back step for us because you can spend all weekend shooting every square inch in your backyard.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Remember the edible flowers from the Oak Bay Guest House in Victoria - time for Addie to learn there are some you can eat. Nasturtiums - Ymmmmm!. her adorableness sure trumps the "incident".

Anonymous said...

Addie and flowers: a natural combination. Even if she needs to tickle her mouth with their petals.

Excellent work on the macro lens! Your teacher is absolutely right. Great photo, Sarah!

Unknown said...

June 17

Happy Father's Day, Cap!

Genevieve said...

I love the ladybug photo! (and of course, the Addie photos)