Monday, June 04, 2007

Welcome to LA (Pasadena)


Grandpa Mit and Great Grandma Vede have moved to Pasadena from the wilds of rugged Tucson. Mit exorcises all bad spirits from their new abode while Addie keeps a beat clapping.

I am so excited to have them in town and of course because we have more babysitters! Yay! Their new place is amazing and I can't help but pretend it's mine. Since I was a little girl I've always played that game. We'd spend our summer vacation touring southern plantation homes or New England salt box houses and the first thing I'd do was pick where my bedroom would be if this was my house and assign rooms for my siblings (i'm sorta bossy that way). Now I can unpack our house in my mind into any new imaginary abode. I'll be of no use however in this move, as the moving truck arrives today. Cap hops on a plane tonight to NY, I take my photography final on Tuesday and Mit babysits. We put Grandpa to work immediately though. Sorry about that.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome to CA, Mit and Vede! My visit was soooo close to your arrival; I am sorry I missed you. But next trip...

I think Addie is one lucky girl to have two more people nearby who love her.

Anonymous said...

Safe travel to Cap, and safe unpacking for Mit and Vede.

Your description of bedroom assignment and decorating resonated with me. I think that is the basis behind my realtor.com fixation. See an interesting news or travel article, check housing costs in that area. Plan garden; sit on porch/deck/sunroom and admire view, selecting wine appropriate to setting. Sigh. Cheaper than (a) travel and (b) owning 8 zillion homes all over America.

Genevieve said...

wow, that is so great for you all!

Simon said...

It is so great to be able to watch Addie grow up. Jo and I have been loving every post. Thanks for keeping a great blog.

Simon and Jolynn