Friday, August 17, 2007

6:55 AM Hat Box



Last night I had my Office Summer Outing so 25 of us headed to Dodgers Stadium to watch them squash the 'Stros. Two of my dreams sorta, almost came true. I had 2 dreams come true on our road trip (seeing a Banana Slug and going to the Monterey Aquarium) so i figured I was out of dreams for a while. But guess who was on the jumbotron and didn't know it? Supposedly I looked rather pensive which I guess is better than picking my nose. Next time we go to a game, I'll dye my hair Dodger Blue and be sure I get on the jumbotron again - and know it. Then around the 6th inning the center fielder tossed a ball into the bleacher seats (they call them Pavilion seats here but who ya kiddin') and it was right at me. I screamed. I know I did but I couldn't actually hear myself. It was fight or flight and my body chose flight. I ducked. It landed in the row in front, got bobbled around and then rolled into the empty seat right next to me. Co-workers and other fans scrambled for it. I scrambled but in some sort of super slow, super delayed manner. I might have lunged for it after it had already been claimed. This is why I don't play sports or video games. So, it wasn't cathing a foul ball or a home run, but I'm pretty sure that's as close as I'll come to fulfilling that dream.

3 comments:

Genevieve said...

I am glad you were not injured! I once almost got hit right in the head at an Orioles game... I of course was talking and not paying attention, when I realized everyone sitting around me was looking up. So I look up and there's a ball at my head! Luckily my friend Matt stuck his hand in between the ball and my face and caught it, thereby saving my life. (or at least preventing a black eye) we gave the ball to a kid sitting near us.

Reid said...

Funny - I think Justin was at that same game celebrating his 10th birthday - only he was rooting for the other team. Not sure I get which 2 dreams were sorta fulfilled 1. almost catching a ball and 2. ??

Sarah Q said...

#2 - being on a jumbotron of course!