Sunday, August 05, 2007

the last hurrah


Today is the last day of our 2 week vacation. After returning from our road trip Thursday, we jumped on an airplane Friday to Seattle for my friend Bethany's wedding leaving Miss A in the loving care of Grandpa Mit. Bethany and I lived 2 doors away from each other in Mamaroneck, NY when we were in first grade. We loved Hello Kitty and Strawberry Shortcake and even our cats were best friends having napping playdates at each other's homes. I cried like a baby when I saw her walk down the aisle. I'm out of practice with weddings and forgot I'm a chronic weeper and didn't bring a single kleenex. I had gotten sucked into a free make-over at Nordstroms and was terrified that I now had canyons carved by tears with all the make-up I had on. It was fun though to get pampered, and I learned that there is actually a technique to using an eyelash curler.

This is the first time that we've left Addie and I am going through withdrawal especially after the bliss of spending so much time with her on our road trip. Cold turkey is rough. At the wedding there were 2 little blond haired cherub girls and I wanted to kidnap them. Cap is on his way to the airport now to head home, and I'm so jealous he gets to see her today. I'm staying over one more night and then have meetings all day in our Seattle office. I have that first-day-of-school-after-summer-break nervousness in the pit of my stomach. Maybe I'll try to cheer myself up and get another free make-over at a different counter at Nordstrom's.

Extra thanks to Grandpa Mit and the Aunties for rocking out with Miss A in our absence.

Check out all the photos from our Cali Road trip.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Guys,

Great photos and it sounds like you have had a great time on your trip. You have inspired us to start our own little blog/photo site. It will be on our mac account but we are looking to utilize flickr as well. If you have any suggestions, send 'em on down.
Simon and Jo

Genevieve said...

good luck in Seattle and just think, when it's done you will be back with Addie.

kitty said...

i totally know how you feel! hang in there little lady and try to enjoy the moment.