Friday, August 10, 2007

Slurpee


Since my Dad noted that it has been almost a week since my last post, I thought it was my duty to fill the Addie-void despite the lack of available material.
After a lovely wine lunch in Los Olivos on the last day of our road trip, we stopped at the local market for a diet coke in a can (I insist on a can over a plastic bottle as I'm convinced it tastes better). There isn't much to say about the photo, but I like that it has a timeless appeal; we could be anywhere in the U.S. at any period of time .
We've almost been home a week, settling back into our normal schedule and routine. Monkey has tooth #10 coming in and last night she shrieked enough that we ended up bringing her into our bed where she flailed around punching me with arms, elbows, feet and knees. I gave up (rather impatiently after about 5 minutes) and slept on the couch. There I only get geriatric Didi waking me up every few hours so I can lift her back up on the couch where she curls up behind my knees and goes back to sleep. I'm ready for a two bedroom and a cat ramp.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Addie seems very much the scientist when she is investigating things.

kitty said...

coke in the can does taste better! and fountain beats all, don't you think? addie's a beaut.