Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Blueberries for Adelaide



This girl loves blueberries. Frozen blueberries.

We gave Addie fresh blueberries many months ago and she would reject them with a splutter spewing all blueberry molecules from her mouth. Okay, she doesn't like blueberries.

That was then this is now; and now involves her blueberries direct from the freezer. I admit that this is how I eat them when they are not in season. Every morning I eat Special K with Strawberries and sprinkle it with frozen bluerries. Unlike other frozen fruit in a bag, the blueberries are actually not solid ice, but, don't get me wrong, they are cold. It's sort of like eating a blueberry slushee nugget and Addie likes them that way too. That second photo might lead you think that perhaps she doesn't like this at all, but in fact eating frozen blueberries is such a dynamic culinary experience of flavor and temperature that it takes all the muscles in the face to enjoy them.

Addie also insisted on eating her breakfast with her fancy, new, suede boots on. They are a tiny bit too big still, so she only wears them at home for fear that she'll wipe out at daycare trying to run around in giant clodhoppers. I had to resist the urge this morning to dress her in her black Star Wars T-shirt, white mini skirt and black suede boots. Maybe I should have just stuck some cotton balls in the toes and let her be the fashion envy at Andi's House.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Two of my favorite yummy things - Addie and frozen blueberries! I look at these photos - thanks, Sarah! - and see traces of myself. I am a famously messy eater. So blueberry face- blueberry fingers, you rock, Addie!

Anonymous said...

You're violet, Violet!

Not that she needs processed sugar for a really long time, but Blueberry Soup works very well with frozen berries.

I see these pictures, think of "Blueberries for Sal" and instead of a bear see Addie meowring on the floor with teeth bared and ferocious claws raised.

Cuteness as far as the eye can see!

Anonymous said...

cute boots

Reid said...

The boots are to die for.

auntie snorg said...

There are about 1000 things in this blog that i love. The Frozen Blueberries, The pictures of Addie's face all mashed up and purple, the suede boots... But most of all I LOVE that she has a Star Wars T-Shirt. She's my idol!

Genevieve said...

the girl has style & good taste, that's for sure.