Saturday, August 16, 2008

22 Hours

_MG_6013.jpg

I know, I know. I am totally milking our Hawaii trip, but this will be the last post on the subject I swear (pinkies crossed).

For most of the trip we pretended to be locals and stayed with friends of my mom in Haiku. For one night though I fully embraced my pasty-skinned, tourist-loving self. My mom became Extra Super Gran (if that is possible) and watched Addie, while Cap and I snuck out to the Sheraton at Ka'anapali Beach for one extravagant night in an amazing resort. Man, I LOVE resorts. 

_MG_6081.jpg
We were miraculously upgraded 2 levels to a Deluxe Ocean Front room. Above is the view from our private balcony; nothing between us and the ocean but a manicured lawn and a long drop off a cliff. In 22 hours we attempted to relive our 7 day honeymoon, and I think we did a darn good job. We crammed in the entire resort experience complete with mai tais by the pool, wine and appetizers in our room at sunset, and dinner at a fabulous restaurant in Lahaina.

_MG_6060.jpg
At sunset, we raced (and I mean I really ran) from our room service bottle of wine on our balcony, down to the beach to see the ceremonial cliff diver, and then a few minutes later hauled butt back to the room to catch the sun sink below the horizon. The next day we slept in (until 8 am but that still counts!), went snorkeling with a green sea turtle, and then topped it off with more pool time and a bloody mary. Did I mention that I love resorts? I LOVE RESORTS. I'm spoiled and I know it.

_MG_6034.jpg

And to Po, thanks for sharing 22 hours with me in paradise.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

And I always thought "Taking Time for Paradise" was about baseball.
What a great shot of the two of you in paradise. Now I want to go to Hawaii!!!!!

auntie snorg said...

Yay for sister and pone man getting a night to relive the honeymoon. You guys deserved it!!! And i heard once addie finished missing you she had a nice sleepover with gran.

Anonymous said...

I want to clue all fans to the best family photo ever of Po, Squaint and Addie in the Hawaii slide show.