Sunday, August 03, 2008

Return from Paradise

In case you happen to bump into me, I want to warn you first.

I am not tan. I am also not sunburned. This might be why (plus the 4 cans of continuous spray SPF 70 we went through).
DSC07959.jpg

Addie totally dug the ocean. We've taken her to the beach several times in LA but she refused to even dip a toe into the water. Of course, maybe the crystal blue water and warm ocean temperatures of Maui beaches may have something to do with her new love, and who could blame her?
DSC07997.jpg
Addie loved jumping into the waves holding hands with me, Cap or Gran. "One, Two, Three, JUMP!" she'd shout. I also found a new love - snorkeling. It is one of the most amazing things I've experienced in my life (after my wedding and giving birth to Addie of course, but it does rank way up there). After a day at the beach, we'd strip Addie down to her birthday suit and Cap would wade out and give her an "Ocean Bath." Ah, we're gonna miss Ocean Baths.
DSC08142.jpg

There was so much we did, I don't know what else to say really except it was a wonderful vacation and I can't wait until Addie can swim! (and snorkel). I think instead of trying to summarize our trip here, you can check out photos of our entire trip by clicking on the sidebar, and I'll try to break it down over the next few posts.

I do want to at least show the view from where we stayed. Our beyond-gracious hosts Dave and Irene have a gorgeous place in Haiku with views here:
_MG_5843.jpg
and in the other direction. Seriously. They LIVE here.
_MG_5861.jpg

It's back to work for me on Monday. Gulp! And we miss you Gran!

Aloha!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Take time for Paradise 49 & 50!!! Amen We did the Bro paradise Alaska the 49th State and now after your pics we are ready for the 50th State.

Anonymous said...

I miss you too, darling! Two weeks together in Paradise was wonderful, from watching ocean critters to the top of Halealaki for the sunset. Wonderful Sarah, Cap and Addie! Wonderful Irene and Dave!

auntie snorg said...

it looks SO beautiful! I'm jealous. And addie is a total beach bunny! Yay!

Reid said...

me too. I had a whole blog written in my head about how I spent all my time on the beach trying to hide from the sun. I just don't get those people who crisp their skin like beef jerky.